Student Registration Policy
Registration, Deposit and Materials Fees
- A $50 deposit on fees is collected upon registration. This deposit is refundable upon either a month’s notice of withdrawal from class, or at the end of period of registration.
- A $25 registration fee to cover the cost of all assessment materials and teaching resources is payable upon registration. This is non-refundable and paid once per student, regardless of number of subjects registered for.
- Students absent for more than 2 months of classes have to re-register, but concession might be given at the sole discretion of the Centre Management in the light of attenuating circumstances.
- Monthly fees are to be paid at the beginning of each month to Duty Administrator at the front office. These fees will cover the education cost for the number of lessons for that calendar month and should be paid by the 10th of each month, failing which, a $10 late payment fee will be levied.
- Students are to ensure they collect their original receipt upon payment.
- Fees will not be pro-rated for any additional (or shortfall of) tuition days in a given month due to the presence of a fifth week or a public holiday.
Standard Package Discount Scheme
- Package discounts are available for registration into multiple courses at the same level. A flat discount of $5 is given for every additional subject enrolled for.
For example, if a student enrolls for the following 3 subjects:
Public Holidays and Rescheduling of Classes
- Classes should be conducted on the scheduled slot. Rescheduling of classes causes inconvenience to both teachers and students, and should be kept to a minimum.
- Classes can only be rescheduled if at least 75% of the class agrees on an alternate day and time.
- Classes will not be conducted on public holidays (see below).
Extra Classes / Teacher Consultations
- In the event an entire class requests for additional lessons due to upcoming examinations or remediation activities, the fees will be charged on a pro-rated, per lesson basis, based on the scheduled tuition fees for that subject.
- Where a student requests for additional, remunerated one-to-one consultation session with a teacher, a fixed per-hour rate will be levied. This can be arranged subject to teacher availability.
Refund of Fees
- As an administrative policy, group tuition fees are non-refundable as classes incur losses when students fail to attend.
- Refunds will only be entertained if a student produces a Medical Certificate (MC) from a licensed medical practitioner. The refunded fees will then be offset against the payment of the following month’s tuition fees.
- In cases where absenteeism is an absolute necessity, a 3-day notice period should be given to the centre’s administrators before a refund on that lesson can be considered.
Use of Personal Data
- Personal data collected will be handled with care to ensure student and parent/guardian privacy under the Personal Data Protection Act, 2012 (PDPA).
- Information gathered will be used to communicate service-related messages (ie: fee payment reminders, class timing notices), feedback on student performance and information regarding programmes of interest.
- Personal data will not be shared with external or other third-parties.
- Original receipts are to be shown for refunds of deposits.
- Deposits unclaimed within 3 calendar months of student’s last recorded attendance will be forfeited.
- Payment can be made via cheque, cash, NETS or internet transfer. Cheques are to be made payable to “FRANKEL TUTORS PTE LTD”.
Q? Is Frankel Tutors registered with the Ministry of Education?
Q? What makes Frankel Tutors different?
A: Small classes, effective teachers, regular assessment and close monitoring. As professional teachers, we feel it is wrong to guarantee a particular grade, or exam success. However, what we never compromise on is the quality of what we do. You can be assured that we have you and your child’s best interests at heart
Q? Who are your teachers?
A: Trained teachers and professional tutors who have academic and professional qualifications to teach their specialty subjects. Teachers are allowed to teach here only after they go through a rigorous selection process, where references are checked and teaching experience is vetted. Most of us have been in the state education service for many years, and have excellent track records of providing quality education.
Q? Why do you collect a deposit?
A: The $50 deposit is paid once upon registration and is refunded when a student withdraws from his/her course. The deposit is to ensure we can recoup a small portion of our tuition fees in the unhappy (and thankfully, rare!) event payment is not forthcoming.
Q? Is there a registration fee?
A: Yes, a ONE time non-refundable fee of $25 will be levied for administrative purposes. It will take care of ALL the necessary assessments, notes and materials for the student.